Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Proud of myself today!

I don't believe it is a bad thing to have pride in yourself.  Whether you like it or not, we all make judgements the instant we meet a person, based on their appearance, demeanor and circumstance.  From that point, we continue to make judgements, maybe negative, maybe positive, if we choose to continue interaction with said person. 

With that in mind, having pride in yourself and your actions helps you build a positive judgement of yourself.  Admit it, you judge yourself every day ("I really screwed up", or "I am so amazing, I even amaze mysef!").  A positive judgement of self makes you a stronger person, and definitely more enjoyable to be around.  Please, don't mistake this for being conceited or overly confident, that is just annoying!

Today, I am proud of mysef, because I achieved a small goal, that is part of a larger goal.  I completed a 15 minute yoga routine.  I have spent the last week or so learning each part of the routine, the breathing techniques, poses etc, and this morning it was all put together.  I am so proud of myself!

I know it sounds simple, who can't complete a 15 minute yoga routine?  But I did this before 5:30 AM, a time when I am usually wishing I could just get some darn sleep so that I can be a fully functioning human being by 6 AM.  Ultimately, I decided that since I was awake anyway, I may as well get up and do something.

I was motivated to make the most of this time when I found a small book at Barnes & Noble, called "Morning Cup of Yoga".  The book is dedicated to this short routine, to help you wake up, stretch, and get in touch with yourself.  The routine is designed to be done in the kitchen, using the kitchen counter or a straight backed chair for support.  I do it in my pj's! 

Yes, today, I am proud of myself!

1 comment:

Sabra said...

I'm very impressed. I have never done Yoga.