Tuesday, April 1, 2008

The Written Word

I saw this great "widget" (I need to research that word!), on my friends blog (The Lemmondrop). I just had to add it. As you can see, Dean Koontz is one of my fave's. He has developed so much as a suspense writer, and I love anything supernatural.

If you haven't read the Tao of Pooh & The Te of Piglet, then you should. I was once told by a women that we shouldn't research other religious/theological ideas and beliefs, as it might lead to our disenchantment with whatever practice we are currently involved in. Well, if your hold on your belief system is that tenuous, then perhaps you shouldn't read anything!

I don't read a lot of non-fiction, but I am working on fixing that, starting with Marie Antoinette - The Journey. Great book, hard to read in places. I keep putting it down, then I feel guilty, and pick it back up. I love history, and Marie Antoinette is an unforgettable historical figure. I need to re-new my committment to this book (and my spelling!).

I love to read, it's a great way to shake off the day (preferrably in the tub, with a glass of wine), or get through a snow day.

Reading is knowledge, knowledge is power, so pick up a book and read, your future depends on it!

2 comments:

Angela said...

I've read a lot of Dean Koontz too. I love a good mystery! Reading is the best escape ever. I try to read at least one book a week. Sometimes two, it just depends on what's going on. I really like Anne Perry, you might enjoy her books, they're mysteries set in Victorian England. :) I will tell my mom hi, thanks!

Shy Little Violets said...

Aaa, hello Sioux!! Glad to know you are a part of this blogging world. I can't wait to see what you've been up to!