Sunday, July 20, 2008

Compassion

Who comes up with the names of these flowers?! This rose is named 'Compassion' - seriously! Will the mere view of it fill me with compassion? Compassion for...? Can't think I really need to feel compassion for the flower, maybe the scientist who's life work was to achieve this color - needs to get out of the lab a bit more, if you ask me!

I was so busy taking the photo that I didn't take the time to smell it - just resolved that and it smells incredible - sweet, fruity, not like a rose at all, but a delicious, ripe fruit! Unfortunately, the flower no longer resides on the plant, my father just cut it and put it in a loverly crystal bowl - now I feel compassion for the flower!

Oh, yes, I am in the motherland, so expect a few more updates.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Sabra said...

I'm so glad you are home! I bet it's so great! Have a wonderful time!

Shy Little Violets said...

I can't wait to hear all your amazing times. Look forward to your future posts.

Heather Neese said...

What a pretty flower! How's the trip going?