Sunday, January 6, 2008

My First Blog

And now for something completely different...my first ever blog post! Well, not counting myspace and facebook, this is my first "grown up" blog. Yeah, 37 and still trying to grow up (don't give up on me now!)

Megan (my daughter, and side kick in adventure), and I live in Herriman, Utah. We've been here mostly since 1998, except for a brief stint in Philadelphia. I have travelled all over these United States, and lived in many states, but have found my "home" in Utah. I firmly believe that home is wherever you make it, wherever you feel comfortable, wherever you lay your hat. Ok, I don't wear hats often, but you get the picture. I love Utah because it has so much to offer. Year round activities such as camping, hiking, biking, swimming, snow skiing, snow shoeing, cross country, and the list goes on. Also, you can't beat the peep's in Utah (people, for those of you not in the know). Peep's here are open, loving, fun and helpful. It is a state of diverse ideas (don't believe me, spend a year or two, it's true!). It doesn't matter what or how you believe, there is a place for you in Utah. I know, I know, how can it be possible? Well, let me tell you, it is. Of course, there are other great states, Arizona (gotta love it, but way too warm in the summertime), Florida (sailing, sailing and more sailing), Pennsylvania (foundation of America, anyone?), Washington (did we mention sailing already?). Ahhh, I love the Colonies!

Oh, by the way, I am British, (hence my reference to the Colonies), and I love the Muthaland! I went back for the first time in 15 years in 2006-2007 Holidays. Hung out with my parents for two weeks, visited old friends (apparently, I was a wild child, I know you find that hard to believe!) and generally just had a great time. I have posted photo's, and, of course, will post more. Since Megan and I are a fairly small family unit, we keep adopting families, so you will find pictures of our adoptive families here as well.

Laters, you all!

No comments: